Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Five weeks and memories

Normalcy has been returned to my life... work... school... kids... rinse and repeat.

Tonight was a District Choir Festival, just one event in the long line of events for this week.

I was sitting there listening to one of the choirs singing... looking at their robes... thinking about the oldest and the last two times we were at this festival. The first time was two year ago and it was in the same place and my grandpa went to see her. I remember pointing out to him then how much she was looking like my grandma.

My grandpa hated music.. in fact as he was laying in the hospital bed... sooo sick... someone turned on some music and he was so mad and as soon as I walked in he asked me to change it. Once he was on the morphine he would get agitated if someone turned the TV from the History Chanel. So for him to go to a concert was simply to support and see the person performing.

So I started crying... thinking about him standing on the side... making sure he was seen... making sure they knew he supported them... even though he didn't care about the music itself... he cared about them.

It's funny how something so simple and ordinary as a choir concert can bring up so many emotions. It was unexpected but it was nice to think about him. The healing has begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment