Sunday, February 6, 2011

Quiet Sundays

I generally work on Sundays, but I am still on bereavement leave and had the day off. It was a much needed quiet day that I spent at home. I scanned some photos, I worked on my homework, I did some laundry, and some dishes. All in all it was a "normal" day.

Unfortunately it was a day where I missed him more than any other. Yesterday I would have called him in the middle of a breakdown to offer support. Finding a replacement for him will be so difficult, or nearly impossible.

I made some phone calls, ensuring that everyone I can think of knows of the memorial that is being held at the North Plains Senior Center.

It is more than odd having a normal day in the midst of all of this chaos. Are special occasions going to be the hardest, or are the everyday events where I miss hearing his voice?

I don't know if time does heal all wounds, I do know that this will get easier and harder at the same time. He meant more to me than even I realized and I will miss his presence.

The next few months will prove to be difficult, but I am strong because he raised me.

No comments:

Post a Comment